Delivery & Returns
Your carriage charge will be calculated at checkout based upon the volumetric weight of your order, and your location. If for any reason your delivery charge cannot be calculated at checkout, you will see a message explaining that our sales team will contact you with a quote. You will be under no obligation to accept this and have the right to cancel your order.
We deliver throughout the UK We typically use Royal Mail for parcels Delivery is to kerbside or letterbox only.
Delivery Service Levels
Standard: Allow up to 7 working days, but your order may be delivered in as little as 1 working day.
We are bound by the terms and conditions of Royal Mail and Parcel Force Service therefore we cannot pursue a claim if these instructions are not followed:-
Special Delivery Conditions: You must inform us at point of order of any special conditions such as restricted access or opening times, otherwise you will be liable for any consequential costs incurred.
Damage/Missing Items: You must check your delivery carefully before providing a ‘clear’ signature to the driver. Outward signs of damage/disruption to packaging must be noted alongside your signature. You must notify The Potter’s House Pottery of damage or missing items within 24 hours of delivery.
When placing your order, please ensure that you:
- Provide a mobile telephone number and email address in case we need to contact you and to enable SMS delivery alerts where available.
- Notify us if you have any special conditions such as obstructions to delivery and/or require advance notice of delivery.
- Inform us of opening times/shut down periods to avoid the risk of additional charges for failed delivery attempts.
- Inform us if there will be no-one available to check and sign for the delivery. It is best if you are in to accept the delivery but we are able to deliver if you are not present and the driver will determine the most appropriate positioning for your goods. With unattended deliveries, The Potter’s House Pottery cannot accept any liability for theft, product deterioration or consequences arising from the positioning of your delivery.
delivery method, delivery times are not guaranteed. If your goods are lost in the post, there is a period of 14 days before any claim for compensation can be made. Although carriers will endeavour to deliver within the agreed time frame, unexpected delays due to weather conditions, breakdowns, traffic and other factors may cause some disruption to schedules.
Returned Goods: Non-faulty
Subject to our prior consent having been obtained, products can be returned to us in an unused condition within 30 days of invoice date. You will incur the shipping cost to return the goods unless they are faulty.
Returned Goods: Faulty
If merchandise is returned because of some defect or due to error on our part, full credit/refund will be given. Customers must contact us before returning goods so that making methods and user errors can be ruled out.
Photographs of the fault will be required
Loss or Damage in Transit
- Where goods are supplied on carriage paid terms we will replace, or at our cost make good, any items or component part lost or damaged
- In the case of damage of a consignment, the carrier's receipt must be endorsed appropriately and The Potter’s House Pottery must be advised within 24 hours of receipt. Please provide clear photographic evidence of damage to facilitate a claim with the carrier. Wherever possible, consignments should be examined in the presence of the delivery person. If this is not feasible, you must sign that the goods were 'unchecked'.